This comprehensive three day course covers a wide range of emergency situations. The course is interactive and scenario-lead enabling the participants to be more confident with managing an emergency or illness at work.
Who should attend?
Employees who intend to act as First Aider at work and who want to receive our most thorough first aid training.
Understanding the role of the first-aider, including reference to:
- The importance of preventing cross-infection;
- The need for recording incidents and actions;
- Use of available equipment;
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order
- To act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency;
- Administration of first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure);
- Administration of cardiopulmonary resuscitation and use of an automated external defibrillator;
- Administration of first aid to a casualty who is choking;
- Administration of first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding;
- Administration of first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock;
- Provision of appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters)
Administer first aid to a casualty with:
- injuries to bones, muscles and joints, including
- suspected spinal injuries;
- chest injuries;
- burns and scalds;
- eye injuries;
- sudden poisoning;
- anaphylactic shock;
recognise the presence of major illness and provide appropriate first aid (including heart attack, stroke,epilepsy, asthma, diabetes).
QNUK accredited Level 3 Award First Aid at Work (valid for 3 years)