This one day course is designed to be fun, engaging and full of practical scenarios to consolidate learning. We aim to empower participants to feel confident when dealing with workplace incidents and illness as a First Aider at work.
Who should attend ?
Employees intending to act as a First Aider at work.
Individuals interested in learning first aid.
Understanding the role of the first-aider, including reference to:
- The importance of preventing cross-infection;
- The need for recording incidents and actions;
- Use of available equipment;
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency;
- Administration of first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure);
- Administration of cardiopulmonary resuscitation and use of an automated external defibrillator;
- Administration of first aid to a casualty who is choking;
- Administration of first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding;
- Administration of first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock;
- Provision of appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters)
QNUK accredited Level 3 Award Emergency First Aid at Work (valid for 3 years)